Friday 10 January 2014

Happy New Year! New Beginnings can even start today!

Well, it's January 10th and I should have resolved to write more often, to exercise more often, to eat better, and all those good things on January 1st. But, I think it's not too late to start now. At 11:45 on a Friday, I can resolve to begin to write more and be a better, healthier person.

I wrote about starting things at odd times for my Renate's Baton Blog. Here's a link to that post. On and around New Year's Day, I do wish people Happy New Year and wish them health and happiness, and I also wish those things for myself. But, I haven't done the New Year's Resolutions thing in a long time. I'm still not going to make a list, but I will be resolute for a while about starting off the year positively.

I'm turning 50 next month, and it's kind of looming. Sometimes it looms large and other times I think I can just ignore it. There are times when I don't think about it at all, but it keeps popping up.

I like how the Persians call the new year "Now Ruz" New Day. It reminds me that every day is a new day and every moment can bring change.

Celebrate the new day. Resolve to do something new any time, even now. I'm going to.



No comments:

Post a Comment