Tuesday 9 November 2021

I Choose Real, Really Good: Real Food, Real Books, Real Live Music

It occurred to me that I have a preference for real things. Usually, if there's a choice between a real thing or a contrived or artificial thing, I choose the simpler and natural one. 

I avoid food supplements, pills and shakes or smoothies as meals, and things that have unnaturally long shelf lives.

I feel especially good when my exercise is gardening or cleaning, when my movement arises naturally from an active day. A live Zumba class is better than a recorded one. My elliptical sits quiet. 

I am pining for real choir. I want to see my choir singing shoulder-to-shoulder with our accompanist playing our accompaniments on a real piano. That's really, really good. The keyboard is okay, but just because it's practical. Recordings will do in a pinch. Zoom Choir is just a necessary, very poor substitute.

Live music and live sports events are so much more satisfying than YouTube, right?

Reading a book on an electronic device is not real, not preferable, but okay.

I need face-to-face friendship. Yesterday, I had lunch in a restaurant with girlfriends and it was so good! Talking about life with a kind hand on your arm is invaluable. Real live friends are priceless.

I choose real when I can.









 



1 comment:

  1. I just thought about temporary tattoos. I think I'd choose them over real tattoos (pain?). Check out Conscious Ink (consciousink.com).

    ReplyDelete