Monday 15 July 2013

Happiness Habits

This chart from the Greater Good Science Centre in Berkeley California is worth studying more closely.

The 6 habits of happiness worth cultivating are:

  • Pay Attention
  • Keep Friends Close
  • Give Thanks
  • Drop Grudges
  • Get Moving
  • Practise Kindness (I know, I used Canadian spelling.)

I need to work on exercising more and I would like to spend more time with my friends. Luckily, I do most of the things that people say happy people should do without even thinking about it. I'm probably genetically disposed and have had a good environment of positive thinking and positive action. I know I'm happier than most. I was a happy baby, a happy child, and even a mostly happy teenager.

One of the things that should be added to the list is

  • Sing in a choir.
Or, at least Share Music in some way. Music, and particularly sharing music weekly in my choir, is a huge source of happiness for me. Singing along to the radio in the car, dancing with friends, and listening to a concert or watching a music video all make me happy too. 

What would you add to the list of Happiness Habits?
  • ?


No comments:

Post a Comment