Tuesday 23 July 2013

Lose weight more easily with positive thinking

We know that diet is a 4-letter word, so when you start your diet, don't call it a diet. Don't make a sad face and say "I'm on a diet." Make it a positive experience right from the start.

Set yourself up for success by smiling and telling yourself and everyone else that you're making some changes to improve your health. Don't eat those chips because you're working on improving your health. Eat more fruits and vegetables and less meat and fewer carbs to get healthier.  Get out and exercise because it makes you feel good. If it feels good, you will do it more and more and you will become fitter and healthier.

At the Mayo Clinic, they say that your attitude is a very important part of a weight loss program. Here's a link to their blog post about it. It makes sense, doesn't it?

Repeat positive things and avoid saying negative things. Avoid saying that you can't eat something or that you're "not allowed". That just makes you feel deprived and bad. (Been there: done that.) Try new foods and enjoy the food you do eat. Think about improving and work towards your goal with a happy heart.

I've got to work on my weight and fitness, and I've started swimming in the morning. So far, it's great. I feel good about doing it and I'm also going to look at what I eat and drink and what I'm feeding my family. We can all benefit from developing better eating habits. Wish me luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment